Best presentation remotes
Whether you are a teacher or you need to make a pitch at work, you have to admit that presentation is a key. We are taught as children that an excellent presentation is proof of high communication skills, which is why we try to improve those skills as best as we can. While some of the things you learn on your own, others can be bought. I am talking about the best presentation remote you can afford.
What is a presentation remote?
You probably remember that we did not use to have presentation remotes a while back. All we had was a laser pointer, and while that was the best solution at the time, presentation remotes took over and kicked laser pointers’ behinds. You know how it is. Good is only good enough until something better appears.
A presentation remote is a compact device that allows you to point out several things while you are doing a presentation, but it also allows you to control your slideshow. Other functions are also available, but it depends on the model you are buying. Features such as volume control, play/pause, and so on can come in handy in several situations, especially when you need to play videos or music. A wireless presenter, which is another name for the presentation remote, can make you look professional in any environment, so if you need it, I recommend that you buy one ASAP.
The benefits of a presentation remote
Many of the things that can be achieved with a wireless presenter can also be accomplished with…nothing in particular. However, I am sure that you can see the possibilities here. That is why presentation remotes gained so much popularity in these last few years. Here is why I love a wireless presenter:
- The slides do not control you anymore – I think that you know how PowerPoint works. The slides change according to the settings you choose. For example, there are 10 seconds between each slide. However, that keeps up the time for you, and you cannot take any breaks. Not even for questions from the audience. If that happens, you need to go to your laptop and pause the slideshow. A wireless presenter will allow you to change the slides whenever you are ready. In other words, you control the slides.
- You can go back whenever you want or need – if you are a professor, for example, and you have a slideshow for your students, you may have to go back sometimes. To do that, you need to take a trip to the laptop and go a few slides back. A presentation remote will do that with a simple press of a button, no matter where you are in the classroom.
- You do not have to sit at your desk anymore during the presentation – if you like to walk around the conference room or classroom for more effect, you cannot do it if you do not have a wireless presenter. I mean you can, but whenever something comes up, you need to return to your desk or seat. It is inconvenient, to say the least.
- It makes you look professional – if you want to impress your boss, a wireless presenter can help you. Whenever you give a presentation, you can just use the remote to impress your boss and your coworkers. It shows dedication and commitment to a project. You know what they say. The devil’s in the details.
What to consider when buying a presentation remote?
If you are looking for the best presentation remote, then you should probably search for a model that has all the essential features. If you have no idea what those are, take a look at the criteria below.
- Range – presentation remotes use the came connectivity technology as Bluetooth keyboards and mice. You have a small USB receiver that connects to the remote. As you can imagine the range cannot be very wide, but I think that somewhere around 40-50 feet are more than enough.
- Laser pointer capability – while a wireless presenter is highly efficient on its own, it can never hurt to buy a model that features a laser pointer as well. Sure, you can control the presentation, but if you want to underline something during a slide, the laser is probably the best tool at that point. Lucky for you, many models online have such a feature, and it should not be difficult to find one that you like.
- Size – the wireless presenter may be a remote, but since it has limited functions (not quite the remote we are accustomed to,) it does not need to be very big. In fact, quite the contrary. The wireless presenter needs to be very small, like palm-size small. Why? First of all, you do not need one that is big, and secondly, it needs to be comfortable to use and transport. Some models can be attached to a keychain, which I find incredibly convenient. Of course, small items are usually subjected to loss, but if you are paying attention, that should not happen.
- Design – I think this is a matter of preference, and each design comes with its pros and cons. First, there is the mini-remote control design. Th wireless presenter looks like a small version of the TV remote, except that it is smaller and has fewer buttons. It is compact and lightweight, and I find it quite comfortable to use. Secondly, we have the pen-like wireless presenter. It looks just like a regular pen, except that it has the laser at one end a few buttons along.
- Controls – not all presentation remotes have the same functions, and I think that the more features it has, the better. Versatility is always a huge selling point. If you are looking for the best presentation remote, then you should go for one that allows you to control slides, but also comes with volume control and play/pause buttons. Surely you can find them just as useful as I do.
- The color of the laser – this is yet another thing that you choose according to your preference. The most common lasers are the red and green ones, but some models have blue and violet lasers. The red ones are the cheapest and the most commonly used. The green lasers are a bit more expensive, but they shine brighter than red, which is why you should be careful to avoid people’s eyes. Lastly, the blue lasers use the same technology as Blu-Ray, and they are quite new on the market.
What are the best presentation remotes?
When it comes to actually buying the best presentation remote, all you have to do is pay attention to the specifications and make sure that you include the considerations above in the purchase process. You can also read some presentation remotes reviews online just to see what people have to say about the products they bought. If you want, you can just choose one of the models below, and you have one less thing to worry about.
Logitech Wireless Presenter R400
You have probably heard of Logitech. They produce affordable electronics, but they are pretty good and appreciated by most buyers. This presentation remote is no different. It is a compact and very lightweight remote that you will enjoy using. It is extremely useful, and you will turn simple presentations is something to remember.
The Logitech presentation remote has a built-in class 2 laser pointer. The laser is red, and it can reach as far as 50 feet. It also features intuitive touch-keys for easy slideshow control. The on/off button is located on the side of the device so that you do not accidentally shut it off. The button that activates the laser is right on top of the previous/next buttons.
This wireless presenter is very easy to use. Its small size allows you to keep it in the palm of your hand. It has a wireless range of 50 feet, so you are free to move around the room as you wish. You do not need to install any drivers. All you have to do is plug the receiver into your laptop’s USB port and begin your presentation. Furthermore, when not in use, you can store the receiver in a built-in docking bay located on one side of the device. The battery power indicator will show you when you need to change the 2 AAA batteries, but they should last up to 20 hours.
Beboncool RF 2.4 GHz Wireless Presenter
This is yet another presentation remote that you may be interested in. It is another small but efficient wireless presenter that will make your job a little bit easier. The device is made of ABS plastic and has a comfortable ergonomic design. You do not have to install any software in order to use it. Just insert the receiver and go about your business.
The Beboncool uses a single AAA battery to function, and it should last at least 15 hours. The device features a red laser pointer, so the battery’s life depends on how much you use it. The laser can be noticed on almost all surfaces, and it works fantastic with a Smartboard. As for range, this remote can properly function from a distance of maximum 39 feet, but that should be enough for most people.
As for the buttons, you have the light pointer, display of the black screen, next, previous, full screen, and the on/off switch. The latter is located on the side of the device, while the connect button can be found on the back. When not in use, you can store the USB receiver under the lid that protects the battery, in its designated spot.
DinoFire Wireless Presenter
While the two previous products are pretty similar, this one brings a new design. Even so, I think you will enjoy it just as much as I do, and you will find the model quite useful. The wireless presenter has a pen-like design with a clip so that you can wear in the pocket of your jacket or shirt. It is very comfortable to use. As opposed to the previous two products, this one is a little bit more complex, but I am sure you will appreciate all the extra features.
The DinoFire presentation remote has a slideshow clicker than can support hyperlinks and volume control. It also has functions such as page-up, page-down, play slides, black screen, and the multi-purpose button which does several things such as selecting the hyperlink. As you can imagine, the device also features a laser pointer that you can see against most backgrounds. As for the range of the pointer, it can be visible if you use it from maximum 98 feet.
The wireless presenter from DinoFire supports MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ACD See, browsers, iWork, Google Slides, and more. It is compatible with most operating systems. The power indicator will let you know when the 1 AAA battery is almost empty. When you do not use the device, you can store the receiver inside the built-in docking bay that secures it with a magnet system.
I find presentation remotes very useful, and I like all three products I presented above. However, my personal favorite is the DinoFire Wireless Presenter. It has more features than the other two, it is not expensive, and its overall design is very elegant and convenient. I think it is one of the best presentation remotes you can find in this price range which is why I strongly recommend it.
Presentation remotes are an excellent invention, and they exceeded the laser pointers a long time ago. They show professionalism, dedication to your projects, and the desire to make yourself understood. One of the presentation remotes above will help you with that, and I think that whichever one you pick, you will be happy with your choice. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Argument About Projector Clicker
- What You Need to Know About Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer and Why
- The Downside Risk of Targus Remote That No One Is Talking About
- The Secret to Wireless Clicker for Powerpoint Presentations
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Remote Presentation Clicker and How It Can Affect You
- The Ugly Side of Slide Clicker
- A Neutral Perspective on Presentation Clickers
- The Most Neglected Answer for Bluetooth Presentation Remote
- The Most Neglected Fact Regarding Powerpoint Laser Pointer Uncovered
- A Simple Trick for Wireless Pointer Unveiled
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Wireless Presenters
- Top Guide of Laser Pointer for Presentation
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Presentation Remote Control
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Presenter Clicker
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Targus Presenter
- Using Targus Presentation Remote
- What You Don’t Know About Powerpoint Remote Control Might Shock You
- Classified Information About Clicker for Powerpoint Only the Experts Know Exist
- Want to Know More About Presenter Remote?
- The One Thing to Do for Presentation Mouse
- The Wireless Presentation Chronicles
- Details of Targus Wireless Presenter
- Purchasing Best Presentation Remote
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Presentation Laser Pointer Before You’re Left Behind
- Facts, Fiction and Best Wireless Presenter
- The Ultimate Wireless Presentation Remote Trick
- Laser Presenter Tips & Guide
- The Bizarre Secret of Bluetooth Presenter
- The Insider Secret on Targus Laser Presentation Remote Revealed
- The Importance of Presentation Pointer
- The Downside Risk of Powerpoint Remote That No One Is Talking About
- Presentation Remote Tips
- The Upside to Powerpoint Clicker
- The Hidden Secret of Presentation Clicker
- Danger Signs on Wireless Presenter You Should Be Aware Of